Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: The Best Type VIIC Model Kit Ever!!!
Posted by: Julian Hoyes ()
Date: February 19, 2001 12:46PM

Hi Mr Stone
I have viewed the site and the pics of the V11C. It looks pretty good.
My main worry, besides the cost of around £800 without a dive system, is the strength of the conning tower and deck, being slim brass sheets, and bumps with the river bank may destroy it.
It isn’t clear how the hull splits for internal access.
The pics are pretty poor resolution, and I can’t comment on the quality of the hull moulds. This is very important, and scale integrity is also especially in a boat this costly and of this large scale.
It is great to have another player in this hotly contested market place.
There is another 1/40th scale kit due out soon, also claimed to be of very high standard, with recent comments posted on the subcommittee site.
I have purchased the Bertola V11C 1/32nd boat. This, like most others available, needs some love and attention to ’fix’ the hull joins and blegs on the hull moulds. It does however possess scale integrity and detail content, which I believe is the most important factor. And the Accurate Armour details are beyond compare!
Good luck to this company, and I will be interested to see how modeller get on with this latest entry. It would be good to put 32nd parra under pressure to please...
P.S. I think they have got the Sword fish symbol wrong. All the evidence I have uncovered says it was green, along with the plaque of 9 Flotilla found at Willenbrooks house after the war.

Julian

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
The Best Type VIIC Model Kit Ever!!! G. Stone 02/17/2001 08:54PM
RE: The Best Type VIIC Model Kit Ever!!! Julian Hoyes 02/19/2001 12:46PM
RE: The Best Type VIIC Model Kit Ever!!! kevin 02/19/2001 12:56PM
RE: The Best Type VIIC Model Kit Ever!!! Greg Stone 02/19/2001 05:40PM
RE: The Best Type VIIC Model Kit Ever!!! Rainer Bruns 02/19/2001 06:19PM
RE: The Best Costly kit ever!!! Joe Brennan 02/21/2001 06:34AM
RE: The Best Type VIIC Model Kit Ever!!! richard raborn 02/20/2001 08:53PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.