Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: Worth buying?
Posted by: Rainer Bruns ()
Date: June 18, 2001 01:46PM

Hi Joe,
I think your own post should give you pause. A \'toy fair\' award for a serious model would be somewhat weird.
Greg\'s points, however, are very valid. It might be a good obeject to hone one\'s skills. The satisfaction level with the finished product depends very much on the builder\'s level of knowledge of the original object the model is to represent.
I contend, this knowledge level of the participants of this and the subcommittee\'s forum, is fairly high. Thus, sooner or later you will end up not wanting a toy, but a minature replica of the real McCoy as detailed as possible. But you do NOT want to start with such a model - because, if you botch it, you not only blew significantly more money in the process, you also lost confidence and the satisfaction level is in the toilet as well. So by all means build it - gain experience - give the finished product to a kid to play with - AND, if you feel you are ready for the big league, give OTW or me a call. :-)) Naturally, I would prefer you call me instead of the other guys. Rgds, RB

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Worth buying? Joe Brennan 06/15/2001 09:20AM
RE: Worth buying? Woody 06/16/2001 05:27PM
RE: Worth buying? Joe Brennan 06/16/2001 08:41PM
RE: Worth buying? Greg Dorfmeier 06/17/2001 12:12AM
RE: Worth buying? Woody 06/17/2001 04:43PM
RE: Worth buying? Greg Dorfmeier 06/17/2001 08:49PM
RE: Worth buying? Joe Brennan 06/18/2001 08:11AM
RE: Worth buying? Rainer Bruns 06/18/2001 01:46PM
RE: Worth buying? Woody 06/18/2001 07:41PM
RE: Worth buying? Joe Brennan 06/18/2001 08:55PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.