Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: Revell kit of U-99
Posted by: marion miller ()
Date: August 12, 2001 11:24PM

I used this kit and bilt it to rep, the U571 from the movie and found that the kit is short one limbeb hole half way between the bow and the deck gun ,i cut the model just behind the connong tower,then from there just a buve thr fwd dive plains giving the impression it was sinking.I also used scup p ity to similate the water I made a life raft from the same stuff .i used some of the crew from the U46 kit I used model master RLM colors for the boat and water based rail road paint the water .scratched bilt the hand rails to the right configeration added the antia wires and used white glue for the inselators I used the DVD movie of U571 as ref. i gess it worked out well i won a first place with it I like the idea of the cheep case .
Good luck with your modeling iv been bilding for over 40yrand still enjoy the hobbie

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Revell kit of U-99 Andrew Melvin 08/08/2001 08:37PM
RE: Revell kit of U-99 marion miller 08/12/2001 11:24PM
RE: Revell kit of U-99 I Stapley 08/29/2001 09:28AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.