Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Darnel XXI hull fixing / fellow modellers?
Posted by: Jerry Pope ()
Date: January 27, 2002 12:50PM

Hi Kit:

Check out “The SubCommittee” website. [subcommittee.com] I used the Matthew Spade “Dragon Teeth” hull alignment system, as per The SubCommittee Report issue #42 on my 1/48th scale DK Models Type-VIIC. What this involves is taping your hull halves together with Scotch clear tape. Then you put some plastic food wrap i.e. Saran brand plastic film, to protect the hull. Then you do a lay-up of 2 each, 2-inch fiberglass tape over the hull seams on both sides of you hull. After the fiberglass hardens, then you remove and cut the 2-inch pieces with castle top or dragon’s teeth design. You then glass these pieces into the inside of the hull halves at the hull split line. What you end up with a series of square or trapezoidal “teeth” protruding from both the upper and lower hull halves. The teeth align with each other so that the two hull halves line up correctly when you put the hull halves together. You can buy back issues of the greatest R/C Submarine magazine in the world “The SubCommittee Report” for a reasonable fee.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
Jerry Pope
Georgia, U.S.A.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Darnel XXI hull fixing / fellow modellers? Kit 01/27/2002 11:43AM
Re: Darnel XXI hull fixing / fellow modellers? Jerry Pope 01/27/2002 12:50PM
Re: Darnel XXI hull fixing / fellow modellers? Kit 01/30/2002 06:02PM
Re: Darnel XXI hull fixing / fellow modellers? Derek Hellam 02/10/2002 07:42PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.