Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Question about U-boat weathering
Posted by: Stan ()
Date: May 05, 2007 01:38AM

Go easy on the weathering. U Boats did mess up if out on long patrols but no rust from the flooding holes. Areas such as the anchor, winches, tie up, hand rails joins and bases etc.are more appropiate.

Look at photos of the U Boat towers and follow the rust areas. There are excellent models shown on the net showing very good rusting and discharge holes oily dark discoloring BUT as in all weathering apply the old KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid, I live by this all the time. Do not overdo weathering, study photos.

Re aircraft.

I have seen lots of weathering on aircraft models that leave me wondering about their maintenance, I flew in a variety of aircraft over the years and none of them were in the 'weathered' condition you often see. They were well maintained and always clean.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Question about U-boat weathering HKC01 04/17/2007 10:31AM
Re: Question about U-boat weathering Bas 04/18/2007 01:36PM
Re: Question about U-boat weathering Roger53 04/28/2007 07:07AM
Re: Question about U-boat weathering Stan 05/05/2007 01:38AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.