Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Revell kit question
Posted by: Dana ()
Date: May 05, 2007 07:44AM

I am opening up all the holes on the Revell kit and am concerned about the mouldings towards the bottom of the saddle tanks. The kit has four framed squares followed by a louvred rectangle forward, and four more framed squares aft. What are they supposed to represent?? Are these holes that need to be opened?? Exterior photos of U-995 at Laboe don't seem to show any such features, and Susanne Giehler's image 18 on this site seems to show something entirely different, a diagonal slot at the aft edge of the tank with five small holes above it and some sort of drainpipe at either end of the slot (or were these drainpipes added by museum authorities as some sort of preservation device to fight rust?). I am tempted to sand off the Revell features and add the U-995 ones, but in view of the notorious tendency of different shipyards to place different holes in the outer hulls of VII-c's I'm not sure I'm right. Any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Revell kit question Dana 05/05/2007 07:44AM
Re: Revell kit question rokket 05/07/2007 11:35AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.