Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: 1/72 type VIID conversion
Posted by: phil ()
Date: December 15, 2007 09:12PM

Greetings, I bought the Special Navy 1/72 type VIID conversion kit and have spent a lot of time trying to get it to fit. The instructions are too small to read with the unaided eye! Even when you can read it, it is vague about where to cut the hull and once cut, additional cutting and fitting is required to put everything in place. I would estimate it has taken me 2-to 3-weeks to just get the above operation to a satisfactory stage. Mind you, this does not account for the additional time spent sanding the seams to match, prep for base coat painting and application of the final coat. Probably will take a month or more, just to get everything to matchup.

Although, I have done ship and aircraft conversions before, I would rate this particular conversion kit as one of the more difficult ones that I have ever attempted. Definitely, not for beginners! This is a conversion kit for people who have lots of patience and are trying to develop more!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
1/72 type VIID conversion Ismo Mehtälä 10/30/2007 12:21PM
Re: 1/72 type VIID conversion Andy @ Germany 10/31/2007 12:34AM
Re: 1/72 type VIID conversion phil 12/15/2007 09:12PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.