Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
RE: Grid System Conversion by Computer programme
Posted by: Austin Heckel ()
Date: October 20, 2000 01:57AM

About six years ago I wrote such a program in the Quickbasic language for the DOS system (which predated Windows). It calculated the the lat and lon of the midpoint of the grid square. I think I also took care of the irregularities in some of the quadrants. It should be correct for the North and South Atlantic and maybe even the Mediterranean. I tested it extensively for the grids covering the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.
(I didn't extend it to the Pacific because I needed to know the coordinates of the borders of the quadrants, but I didn't have a detailed map to go by.)
I don't know if anyone knows how to use DOS and Quickbasic anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Grid System Conversion by Computer programme Ted Agar 10/05/2000 04:37PM
RE: Grid System Conversion by Computer programme Antonio Veiga 10/05/2000 08:14PM
RE: Grid System Conversion by Computer programme Ted Agar 10/05/2000 09:21PM
RE: Grid System Conversion by Computer programme Austin Heckel 10/20/2000 01:57AM
RE: Grid System Conversion by Computer programme Klaus-Peter 10/20/2000 06:19AM
RE: Grid System Conversion by Computer programme Austin Heckel 10/22/2000 01:09AM
DOS and Quick Basic SuperKraut 10/22/2000 09:36PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.