Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
RE: U-boat Munitions
Posted by: joe brandt ()
Date: October 28, 2000 12:22AM

I do have dry suits ,but I never use them when diving inside such tight places such as sunken U-boats. You will be very suprised as to what you will find inside these boats as they are silt and sand traps with rust and other rotten matter mixed in. I have several BCD's ,but I prefer my old SEAQUEST vest type BCD as it is sleaker and has a great second regulator pocket, less things to get snagged on. Also I do not use a dry suit here for that same reason, one less hose to worry about getting snagged. Regulator's I use POSIDON CYCLON and ODIN . My tank is steel 94 cubic foot,104 with the overfill. This tank is smaller in length and diameter than an 80 cubic foot Aluminium tank. I do not know if this tank is still made today as many divers offer to buy mine at very high prices ! This tank is used by cave divers and wreck divers mostly,the average diver has never heard of it around here at least. It is a great size for me but the walls are very thick for it's smaller size and therefore is somewhat very heavy, this matters alot if you do any shore diving and it is a long walk back to your car.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-boat Munitions Ken Dunn 10/20/2000 10:21AM
RE: U-boat Munitions joe brandt 10/20/2000 09:55PM
RE: U-boat Munitions AZ 10/23/2000 02:29PM
RE: U-boat Munitions Ken Dunn 10/24/2000 12:25PM
RE: U-boat Munitions joe brandt 10/24/2000 11:58PM
RE: U-boat Munitions AZ 10/25/2000 06:14AM
RE: U-boat Munitions joe brandt 10/25/2000 10:18PM
RE: U-boat Munitions AZ 10/26/2000 07:57AM
RE: U-boat Munitions joe brandt 10/28/2000 12:22AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.