Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
Re: HMS KHARTOUM
Posted by: Eric ()
Date: July 20, 2004 02:09PM

Dave,

Sounded interesting, so I did some poking around on the web myself and stumbled on a forum entry on a modeling site which reads:

"From: Robert & Rose Brown <r2brown@canada.com>
Subject: The Kelly's

Hi all:

Just received my copy of Chris Langtree's new book on the J,K,N's. It is nothing short of superb! This is a very well written book, with sections on design, armament, camouflage and a very complete account of each ship's war service. Loads of photos, most I've never seen before, even a photo of that most elusive of the class, HMS Khartoum, on the bottom of Perim Harbour. The amount of original research is amazing, as shown by the very extensive list of primary sources.

Complete listings of armament changes and upgrades are included. The section on camouflage has some very nice colour profiles by John Roberts and a listing of what scheme was worn by each ship throughout her service life. The photos throughout the book are well chosen, showing lots of the various camouflage schemes. John Lambert's drawings are great as well. The service history section is very comprehensive and makes great reading.

You won't want to be without this one whether you are a model maker or historian, or just like great books on warships.

Great job Chris!

Rob"

Sounds like your not alone in having difficulty finding a picture of her.

I haven't read this myself, but Rob seems pretty enthused. Here is a link to the Book on Amazon's U.K. site:
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Hope this helps,

Eric

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HMS KHARTOUM DAVE NEEDHAM 07/19/2004 09:58PM
Re: HMS KHARTOUM Rene 07/19/2004 10:31PM
Re: HMS KHARTOUM DAVE NEEDHAM 07/20/2004 05:20AM
Re: HMS KHARTOUM Eric 07/20/2004 02:09PM
Re: HMS KHARTOUM John Crawford 01/22/2008 12:28PM
Re: HMS KHARTOUM William Watters 01/28/2010 08:36PM
Re: HMS KHARTOUM Karl Stevens 07/14/2010 08:40PM
Re: HMS KHARTOUM Chris Swift 03/15/2011 05:43PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.