WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Missing Uboat Commander
Posted by: Jim Young ()
Date: December 09, 2006 06:24PM

Hello,
Back in 1967 my family had a powerboat at Busters Cove
in Merric Long Island NY. I remember a person in his late 60's to 70's who said he was a U-boat Captian. I was very Young at the time so I can not give very good info in him.
Sense then I have been a diver for over 30 years and have a great interest in U-boats. Have dived on 8 of the ones ones on the east coat. Want to know more about him. But no matter what I search under I can not find him. Hope YOU can
help.
His name is "Erwin Heinrick" or "Ervin Henegh". I think.
Again I was a youth when I met him and my farther can not remember much more than what I gave you about his name.
I do remember he was about 5'2 to 5'5. He had a wife from Germany and had lost 3 fingers from his time in the U-boats.
What I do remeber was he was very funny, and he built a wooden boat in only 4 years.
For some reason it is very important I know something about his past. Maybe it is because I am now 50 and have spent long hours diving on U-boats. It does not seem he can be a u-boat commander from WW2. Must be from WW1.
Please help.
email me at jimyoungdd@hotmail.com
Thank you for your time and effort.
Regards,
Jim Young

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Missing Uboat Commander Jim Young 12/09/2006 06:24PM
Re: Missing Uboat Commander Yves D 12/10/2006 08:45PM
Re: Missing Uboat Commander Phil Morgan 12/10/2006 09:53PM
Re: Missing Uboat Commander Thomas 12/11/2006 07:21PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.