WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Re: Karl Neureuther ex UB 73
Posted by: MPC ()
Date: September 29, 2007 02:14PM

Hi Clio

I believe he may have had something to do with the formation of a U-Kammeradschft. Possibly the München 1926 one. Their site is/was run by F.Kapt. Weber,last commander of the modern U 10. Perhaps an inquiry there might reveal something. www,uk-muenchen.de/english/start.htm
Failing that you could try other V.d.U.s elsewhere in Germany.

What little I know of him is he was in the Reichsmarine until he became a.D. 30.11.22. (m.Char. als K.Kapt.)
He was also in the Kriegsmarine being promoted Kapt.z.S. 1.12.40 and discharged 31.12.44.

He was involved with Fabrikationsabteilung für Industrielle (RüWi IV) etc. between 21.07.40 and 10.43.

I'm probably telling you things that you already know so I won't mention the book he helped to edit with Claus Bergen.

MPC

PS Below is a posting I left on the general forum - don't know if you saw it??

Hi Clio,

Use a search engine and type in Kaiserliche Marine 1914.

With luck you should come up with a number of sites. The one mentioned above comes up with Kaiserliche Marine 1914-1918 and scrolling down you will find lists of ranks and an English translation. Perhaps some of them were still relevant in the last war and, perhaps even today.
I tested out the url itself but couldn't get anywhere. That's why I suggest the search engine.
Hope it is of some interest/help

Regards
MPC

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Karl Neureuther ex UB 73 Clio 09/29/2007 11:36AM
Re: Karl Neureuther ex UB 73 MPC 09/29/2007 02:14PM
Re: Karl Neureuther ex UB 73 DUUWB 09/29/2007 09:22PM
Re: Karl Neureuther ex UB 73 MPC 09/30/2007 01:27PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.