WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
The U151 series of U-Cruisers
Posted by: paul ()
Date: July 04, 2014 06:58PM

Hello all,

I am new to this forum but not new to the subject of the Great War and the Kaiser's submarine service. I have three questions/requests to put out there.

*Does anyone have a picture of a U-Cruiser's cable cutter? I have seen multiple references and even a few descriptions in primary and secondary sources to cable cutters and their role in the U-Cruiser campaigns off West Africa and the North American coast but have never actually seen one.

*Does anyone have any good sources or actual photos of the U151 type of U-Cruisers? I have seen a few photos of them when they were impounded by the Allies but not many of them in action or in training while still in German service. Any pictures in particular of the lost U-Cruisers U156 and U154?

*I do not speak German, regrettably, but wanted to know if the book Die Deutschen U-Kreuzer und Transport-U-Boote is still worth it to buy for the list of sources used, and any photos contained in the book too? Are there a lot of quality illustrations for anyone who has this book?

Thank you for any and all help you can give and greetings from the United States!

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
The U151 series of U-Cruisers paul 07/04/2014 06:58PM
Re: The U151 series of U-Cruisers GaryM 07/10/2014 10:45PM
Re: The U151 series of U-Cruisers paul 07/15/2014 02:33AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.