WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
WW1 u-boats in electronic book
Posted by: chrisheal ()
Date: January 07, 2017 11:12AM

Hello everyone

I have just received a new (old) book: Hezlet, Vice Admiral Sir Arthur, 'Electronics and Sea Power' (Stein and Day, New York 1975). I bring it to your attention because, as it was new to me even after much WWI searching, borrowing and buying, it may have passed a wider scrutiny. Apart from copious useful background information, there is an excellent chapter on the part played by wireless communication in the fight against WW1 U-boats. Literally dozens of boats are discussed, and their messages received and sent, including from just scanning down two pages (pp. 144-45), U 50, UC 30, U 39, UB 50, U 70, UC 63, UB 71, UB 90, U 106, U 84, U 96, U 75, UB 22, UC 11, U 86. For the younger forum members, there are also three chapters on WW2 with equally many u-boat mentions. Hezlet did also write, 'The Submarine and Sea Power', so no doubt he is well know to this forum's experts.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year
Chris Heal

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
WW1 u-boats in electronic book chrisheal 01/07/2017 11:12AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.