WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Re: British minefields and u-boats
Posted by: chrisheal ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:45AM

Hello again Michael

I have just emailed to you a photo of p. 513 from the appendix of Captain Lockhart Leith, The History of British Minefields 1914-1918 (Admiralty private use, 1920, charts added 1932 - but missing, Royal Naval Historical Library, 'Naval Dockyard, Portsmouth). This page includes a reference to U 102 under German vessels sunk by British of American mines in the Northern Barrage'. I did not copy any other material on U 102 because I was concentrating on minefields further south. It is quite likely that there is supporting text, but I do not know so.

Many of the RN Libraries are closing down shortly for refurbishment and consolidation. They plan to be closed for over a year so I will not be going again, if at all, to check for you for some considerable time. There were supposedly only three copies made; I do not know where others might be.

You might contact either Jenny Wraight or Kate Bratt at the library to see if, considering you are in Berlin, they might do you a favour and check the document. 0044 2392 725 187.

Best wishes
Chris

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
British minefields and u-boats chrisheal 03/13/2017 05:36PM
Re: British minefields and u-boats Michael Lowrey 03/14/2017 04:55AM
Re: British minefields and u-boats Matthias 03/14/2017 06:55AM
Re: British minefields and u-boats chrisheal 03/14/2017 11:45AM
Re: British minefields and u-boats chrisheal 03/14/2017 01:01PM
Re: British minefields and u-boats Matthias 03/14/2017 04:49PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.