General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: U-505, the Curator, the project in brief
Posted by: Keith Gill ()
Date: January 23, 2002 04:21PM

<HTML>Thanks for the message. I appreciate your offer of help. I have been in contact with many people around the world in documenting and researching the U-505. Many have been helpful and I have always watched the forum discussions once it started. I have been locating some engine parts in Germany, I would hope that more items can be located.

I am preparing a list of items missing from the radio room and sonar room that I would like to return to the U-505. These items were not on board the boat when we obtained it from the US Navy. Any items that can be located will be helpful in completing the restoration even though they are not from U-505.

One of the biggest problems in restoring a WWII German sub is that many of the items are highly collectable and can command great prices on the open market. The rartity of the items is unquestioned. My counterparts in the US Sub museums around the country, on the contrary, have a much easier time in locating parts and often at little or no cost.

I will post this list as soon as I can, likely in the technical section, and will welcome any leads that can be sent our way.

I would also appreciate any information from people who have researched the role of French workers at the submarine pens in Lorient. Anyone may contact me off list if they like.

I will certainly keep the list in mind whenever there is an opportunity for help.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

Keith Gill
Curator U-505</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-505, the Curator, the project in brief Keith Gill 01/16/2002 07:57PM
Re: U-505, the Curator, the project in brief ray schwartz 01/17/2002 11:39AM
Re: U-505, the Curator, the project in brief Keith Gill 01/23/2002 04:08PM
Re: U-505, the Curator, the project in brief Ken Dunn 01/18/2002 01:33AM
Re: U-505, the Curator, the project in brief Keith Gill 01/23/2002 04:21PM
Re: U-505, the Curator, the project in brief Brian Harrison 08/24/2015 01:53AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.