General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link
Posted by: Taylor Riis ()
Date: February 07, 2011 10:43PM

I am a grandson of Ib Riis and enjoy constant visits with him. I recently had the urge to follow up on his stories by searching online for information and i have come apon a few editorials of insterest. I am aware of the book that is written in Icelandic (currently trying to be tanslated to English).

I have heard so many amazing stories of his life from the man himself and it is great to hear others describing such stories to the world.

Im wondering, did you ever look for the gun in the sand? I recently went to Iceland to scatter my late grandmother, Sigrun Riis's ashes and am planning on returning this summer. Where is your museum located in Reykjavik?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link alain 04/12/2006 04:52PM
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link flavio 04/13/2006 02:43PM
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link Hinrik Steinsson 04/15/2006 05:51AM
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link Taylor Riis 02/07/2011 10:43PM
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link Bernard O'Connor 01/01/2017 06:51PM
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link Tony 11/16/2020 07:31PM
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link Hinrik Steinsson 04/18/2006 07:11PM
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link ralph 04/22/2006 01:25AM
Re: u-boat secret missions in iceland - interesting website link Hinrik Steinsson 04/22/2006 10:32AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.