General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality.
Posted by: Yuri IL\'IN ()
Date: March 13, 2001 06:20AM

<HTML>Many years ago one clever man (he was a German) has written, that \"any war conducts to fall of morals of the society\". I thought above these words many years. I analyzed and compared known for me historical facts which fall to different times and to different nations. I was convinced, at last, that these words are correct and are a generalpurpose rule. The society should dearly pay for management of any war and the reduction of morals of the society is plate of war. It can find a development within many years after an end of the war. Does not play a role the victory is gained or the defeat is suffered.

Point of view, that the morals can strongly depend from a kind of armed forces and geographical position represented babys to me. Really moral of a ship\'s crew which has passed from the Atlantic ocean in Pasific ocean through the Panama channel can for one day drammaticly change? Really that man killing the women and children on occupied territory change uniform to marine becomes similar to the pupil of a school of the noble maidens?

Look the reference which I fetch below and you can be convinced, that the cruelty during war happens not only overland but also by the sea.

SUBMARINE ATROCITIS
<A href=\"[www.geocities.com]\">[www.geocities.com];

The list, fetched on a site, of crimes is not full. For example authentic cases of crimes of the German submariners in the Soviet Arctic Region there are not mentioned.

It is not necessary to think, that between Russian and germans there is an aged hatred each other.The Germans many hundreds years live in Russia. Many Germans, and also Swedes and Danes have introduced the contribution to Russian culture, science and military victories. In Russia remember and appreciate these people. Between the Germans and Russian were good relations in Russia. It is possible even to tell, that Russian fell to the Germans with the raised respect. If not tragic events of 20 centuries, probably Russian would consider of the Germans as most friendly and close of the European nations.

The main losses of Russia during war were suffered not by army but civilian population in occupied territories. When it became explicit, that Germany conducts in Russia a genocide, Russian posed before a choice. Or Russian people will sustain a defeat and will stop existence physical as nation, or will gain victory and will prove intellectual and moral impotention of the enemy. Certainly second version was better.

After WWII German military aircrafts sometimes arrived in USSR. Such cases were rare and it were the military cargo aircraft. Time adjusted always so that the flight above territory of Russia came true in dark time of day. The specific crosses on military aircrafts could call many inhabitants of Russia a strong negative reaction.

When my mother was a little girl, she had the home teacher. Her home teacher was the ethnic German woman. She played with my mother in children\'s games, read the German books, went for a walk and so on. Thus talked only in German. Since my mother remembers herself she talked in German as good as as on native language and loved it. I have many her aged German books in good conditions with the gothic letters and fine colour pictures. After WWII my mother has not read any German line and has not spoke any German word.

I learned with the Germans at university. They was good guys. Since those old years I have respect for the German people. Especially I appreciate that my German friends are not proud of infamous pages of a German history.

When I have heard about the Russian nazis for the first time, that seems as a unsuccessful joke. But that was not a joke.

<A href=\"[www.rne.org] \">[www.rne.org] </A>

I many times disputed with them in the Internet and many times received from them the messages with threats of physical violence. The nazi have no effect in Russia Presence of the similar phenomenon is shame for Russia .

Regards,
Yuri IL\'IN
Russia Moscow
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. Fin Bonset 03/12/2001 06:00PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. tony 03/12/2001 06:55PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. Visje 03/12/2001 07:24PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. John Griffiths 03/12/2001 08:05PM
RE: Psychology in the Atlantic. Don Baker 03/12/2001 11:54PM
RE: Psychology in the Atlantic. John Griffiths 03/13/2001 04:08PM
RE: Psychology in the Atlantic. Robert Eno 03/13/2001 05:14PM
RE: Psychology in the Atlantic. Don Baker 03/13/2001 05:19PM
RE: Psychology in the Atlantic. Robert Eno 03/13/2001 05:23PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. Robert Eno 03/13/2001 04:57PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. John Griffiths 03/13/2001 05:29PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. tony 03/13/2001 06:58PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality - Tony! John Griffiths 03/13/2001 08:19PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality - Tony! Fin Bonset 03/14/2001 12:27PM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. Fin Bonset 03/14/2001 12:24PM
RE: mores in War kurt 03/13/2001 02:08AM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. Yves D 03/13/2001 06:10AM
RE: Brutality/Atrocity Theory/Reality. Yuri IL\'IN 03/13/2001 06:20AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.