General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: U-Boat Base @ Heligoland
Posted by: Jeff ()
Date: March 31, 2001 09:35PM

<HTML>Helgoland (con\'t)

The island today is a hot spot for German tourists and other European travelers as well. There are beaches, hotels and resturants everywhere. It\'s a fantastic day trip for anyone visiting the U-boat Archive/Cuxhaven. It\'s about a two hour hig speed boat ride from Cuxhaven or you can also board in Hamburg. It costs about 80DM ($40 US) for roundtrip fare. And for what it is worth, I highly recommend going there!

You won\'t find any WWII or U-boat stuff there, but it is very relaxing and enjoyable. No, I do not work for the Helgoland tourist board!

The book about the island during WWII is in German and entitled, \"Hochseefestung Helgoland\" (High Sea Fortress). It has the complete story on the island from 1934-1947 and cost about 30DM. It has lots of photos and maps. ISBN 3980541525 (Authors are Claude Fröhle & Hans Jürgen Kühn.)

This maybe way more than you wanted to know and I apologize for being long, long winded. But I hope this helps.
Jeff</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-Boat Base @ Heligoland Woody 03/31/2001 01:14PM
RE: U-Boat Base @ Heligoland Jeff 03/31/2001 09:26PM
RE: U-Boat Base @ Heligoland Jeff 03/31/2001 09:35PM
RE: U-Boat Base @ Heligoland Kris 04/04/2001 01:56AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.