General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: The World at War
Posted by: Fiona ()
Date: April 08, 2001 08:06AM

<HTML> Hi Ian,

Yes I watched last week\'s episode of the World At War, and although I had seen it before, I was still quite stunned to see the interview with Doenitz, I don\'t remember hearing him actually speak before.
I taped the series last time around, a few years ago I think shhh, don\'t tell anyone !!

Tonight\'s episode is about the war on the Russian Front.

I caught an interesting programme on the Discovery channel last night (Saturday) which was about the Battle of the Atlantic, in the series \'Weapons of War\'. I saw lots of footage that I hadn\'t seen before.

Warm regards,
Fiona

Ian Stapley wrote:
-------------------------------
This will be more relevant to our UK readers but has anyone caught the repeats of World at War, currently airing on BBC2 on Sunday nights.

The episode about the Battle of the Atlantic is well worth seeing, it ran last Sunday so this message is unfortunately out of date.

It is worth watching containing as it does rare footage of the battle and interviews with Doenitz and Kretschmer. (the programme was made in 1973).

The series is also available on video in 7 2-box sets, naturally this does not come cheap, about £16 per set but is one of the better documentaries on the war. Check out your local WH Smith (or tape it off the telly, not that I am condoning this, so I\\\'ll just look over there for a second...)</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
The World at War Ian Stapley 04/07/2001 11:47AM
RE: The World at War Fiona 04/08/2001 08:06AM
RE: The World at War Kris 04/11/2001 10:19PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.