General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
UK residents...Bletchley Park
Posted by: MPC ()
Date: April 15, 2001 09:18AM

<HTML>Hi All,
Have just chatted to Jak Mallmann Showell about the intended showing of the German wartime film \"U-boot westwärts\"

He has dont a quite a bit of work in getting the film but unfortunately the company with the projector wants £300 for a weekends hire so, with Jak\'s own expenses - eg travelling to London on a Friday, collecting the projector and setting it up at BP showing the film over the weekend and returning the projector on the following Monday its going to come to over £500.... well he will need overnight accommodation for a couple of nights and there are other incidentals like petrol.

It is not really viable at the present time but Jak hasnt forgotten about it. If it can ever happen it will but he, like most of us, cant afford it out of his own pocket.
Also as its a film not a video it needs quite a large screen.... a minor detail but I dont think it would look to good on a tv screen.

Hope you all understand.....If and when I get any further information, of a positive sort, I will keep you informed.

Thanks and sorry from both Jak and myself.
MPC

PS Fiona - you will be one of the first to know....... </HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
UK residents...Bletchley Park MPC 04/15/2001 09:18AM
RE: UK residents...Bletchley Park Fiona 04/25/2001 02:24PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.