General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Topp with swords
Posted by: Craig Mclean ()
Date: April 23, 2001 10:33PM

<HTML>As coincidence would have it, I just today got some photos I\'d asked Horst Schwenk (Horst Bredow\'s right-hand man at the Archiv) to make copies of for me just before I left Germany last November.

I knew it wouldn\'t be quick getting them, because HS was getting ready to vacation in Ireland...and Horst Bredow and wife were also getting ready to make a Christmas visit to daughter in the US. And the first month or two of the new year are taken up with book-keeping stuff.

But I got what I had requested today, and many extras I hadn\'t even asked for. One was a photo of Erich Topp with Swords, signed, in what sure looks like original ink in one corner. I suspect Horst Schwenk may have sent a photo to Herr Topp for the signature, unless he already had one on hand, just to make up for the several month delay. (I met Herr Topp while I was over there, but any new historical items are more than welcomed by me!!!! I don\'t sell or deal such items--I keep them for my own memories.)

All I can say is, the people at the U-boat Archive are among the nicest, most thoughtful, professional people I have ever met in my 50 years of life--no exaggeration. ALL of them!!

And I will scan this photo and send to you if you like.

Or, I have a little, simple hobby website---and could make a new page, add the picture to it, and you could copy it from there.

Best,
Craig</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Topp with swords Eric Petersen 04/21/2001 06:47PM
RE: Topp with swords Craig Mclean 04/23/2001 10:33PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.