General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: more information
Posted by: Craig McLean ()
Date: May 02, 2001 01:19AM

<HTML>Thanks, Yngvi!!

You have helped me a LOT on this!

Had the other 7 been merely common criminals who killed fellows for a carton of cigarettes or such, I would pass by their graves. But after further research, I feel they acted in the best interest of their country at the time. All soldiers can be proud of their intentions. They acted as soldiers loving their homeland, their families, and their fellows. (Even Guenther, Kunze, and Drechsler probably had best intentions in mind, per their own thinking.)

These were young men, who acted as soldiers for their countries. I\'m glad I spread my flowers among them ALL last September. Rest assured, all 14 will get flowers and flags EVERY time I visit!!! I respect all 14, and their higher intentions. They didn\'t do what they did from selfishness, but from patriotism.

Actually, all 14 graves here face to the south, so these men will \"never see the rising or setting of the sun.\" (Yet, even the USA doesn\'t control who goes to heaven or who gets flowers on their graves!!!) The United States can be very vindictive and mean-spirited, and I am NOT proud of this part of my country\'s history in the least.

Yet, I\'m proud of my country\'s freedom, that I can thoroughly criticize it without being shot! :)

God bless ALL here on the forum!!

Regards,
Craig

</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc... Craig McLean 04/30/2001 01:06AM
RE: POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc... Yngvi 04/30/2001 02:31PM
RE: POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc... Craig McLean 05/01/2001 03:25PM
RE: POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc... Craig McLean 05/01/2001 04:04PM
more information Craig McLean 05/01/2001 05:15PM
RE: more information Yngvi 05/01/2001 11:39PM
RE: more information Craig McLean 05/02/2001 01:19AM
RE: more information Yngvi 05/02/2001 12:06PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.