General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Holiday
Posted by: Ralph Langley ()
Date: May 09, 2001 09:22PM

<HTML>Today I also by chance participated in Russia\'s VE day in Los Angeles. I drove my good friend and neighbor(B-17 pilot in WW2) into LA for a Doctor\'s appointment. I had read in the LA Times of an Russian WW2 Veterans event in West Hollywood. When finished at the Doctor\'s office we were so close we drove over and luckily found a parking spot close to the park. I would estimate there were at least 300 Russian Vets in uniforms of all service branches in attendence with their families. I always carry a camera in the car so took some photo\'s of the gathering and the bemedaled Vets. Naturally lots of speeches by City Officials and by Russian Vets, some speaking in Russian with a translater. All the Russian speakers spoke highly of the sacrifices of all the Allied forces. It was a very inspirational and patriotic event and am pleased to have been there.
It would have been more pleasuarable had Yuri been there to share it with me. I have photo\'s that I will send to Yuri and anyone else that would like to see them. Just e-mail me directly. Happy Holiday Yuri.
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Holiday Yuri IL\'IN 05/08/2001 10:48PM
RE: Holiday Geoff Harvey 05/09/2001 01:28AM
RE: Holiday Vin 05/09/2001 08:05AM
RE: Holiday Capt. George W. Duffy 05/09/2001 01:21PM
RE: Holiday Geoff Harvey 05/09/2001 08:52PM
RE: Holiday Ralph Langley 05/09/2001 09:22PM
RE: Holiday Walter 05/10/2001 01:26PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.