General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Message for Der Teddy Bar et. al.
Posted by: Robert Eno ()
Date: May 17, 2001 11:19PM

<HTML>Hello Again List,

Back off the trail and want to pick up on a tid bit of information that was so kindly provided to me before I left:

Der Teddy Bar wrote:
-----------------------------------------------
Robert,
There is only 1 ship sunk off the coast of Labrador on the 27th of August 1942. U-517 commanded by Hartwig sunk Chatham 5649t (convoy SG.6F) at position AH9823 (51 53N/55 48W).

[uboat.net]

Source : Axis Submarine Successes of World War II - Jürgen Rohwer & U-boat.net
----------------------------------------------------

I am going to hunt this book down for myself, because it will add some very interesting information to my paper, however, in the short term would you or anyone else for that matter, mind providing me with the page number from the book, as well as the publisher and date of publishing? Given my remote location, I am going to have to track the book down through the inter-library loan system, which could take a few weeks or more.

Does anyone have any detailed information about Chatham?

Many thanks.

Robert Eno

P.S. Rainer, I have not forgotten my promise to provide you with the information pertaining to the U-boat spying on the Americans when they were constructing the base at Narsarssuaq. Will get to it when the sky stops falling in around here.

</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Message for Der Teddy Bar et. al. Robert Eno 05/17/2001 11:19PM
RE: Message for Der Teddy Bar et. al. Rainer Bruns 05/17/2001 11:27PM
page 119 MPC 05/18/2001 07:52AM
RE: Message for Der Teddy Bar et. al. Capt. George W. Duffy 05/18/2001 02:14PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.