General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-Bootwaffe clothing
Posted by: Tim ()
Date: May 19, 2001 09:21PM

<HTML>I have a couple of questions I will give to the pros. First off, is there any source for U-Bootwaffe related T-shirts? (Pictures of the boats, officers, emblems, etc.) I have found that wearing something like this is a great way to educate the public. Someone in the market sees the shirt and asks about it, and hopefully you can spark their interest in the subject. Question #2: Is there any documentation on U-Boot crews having been issued Wehrmacht style Feldmutze? Seems to me I saw a photo of a Med. based Boot with some of the deck crew wearing tan (Afrika Korps) style caps. Were they issued or \"war trophies\" from the bars in La Spezia? :) And, last, but certainly not least ..... Did U-156 (Hartenstein) have a boat or Flottilla emblem? And were the crew noted for wearing a version of it on their head gear? Thanks for any help you can give. Tim Kiernan</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-Bootwaffe clothing Tim 05/19/2001 09:21PM
u-boat \&quot;t-shirts\&quot; ray.s 05/20/2001 04:03PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.