General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Hopseidet - back on front page
Posted by: Rainer Bruns ()
Date: June 06, 2001 01:41PM

<HTML>Hi All,
Simon O., of Tromsoe, made an interesting contribution to the old thread. Please read.
As I suspected and mentioned to Torstein before, these boats were evidently involved ferrying some special ops troops around at the end of the war. I flat out doubt, that they were artillery troops as stated. I do recall some Soviet insurgency into the Finmark and Northern Norway in the waning days of WW2, obviously to influence the political situation there in the postwar years (everlasting quest for ice-free ports?).
So it seems, the special ops squad took fire from irregulars (speak partisans), who melted away, when fire was returned. Subsequently, well advertised and common reprisals were taken upon the unfortunate and innocent (let\'s suppose so) locals be the squad leader.
U-boat personnel did NOT appear to be involved in the shore operation! Rgds, RB</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Hopseidet - back on front page Rainer Bruns 06/06/2001 01:41PM
RE: Hopseidet - back on front page Nils Eldby 06/06/2001 02:28PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.