General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-521
Posted by: J.G.Wilson ()
Date: June 10, 2001 01:45AM

<HTML>I read on this site where U-521 was sunk 100 miles east of Cape hatteras by PC 565. My brother Val P. Wilson who passed away a couple of months ago was aboard PC-565 when this sub was sunk. He told me this sub was sunk ten miles east of New York. I had a copy of the Stars & Stripes magazine from that time that told the same thing. He also told me his ship had wounded the U-521 and it came to the surface. At that time the PC\'s captain was about to ram the sub but it went down just before the sub collided. This is why they were able to capture Bargsten and the rest of the crew was lost. Is this the true story?
V.P. Wilson went on to serve on the George Washington and other subs. He retired after twenty two years in the navy. He then took a job with Woods Hole as a pilot on the deep diving sub Alvin (Titanic fame). He was also on the Alvin when he discovered the lost H-Bomb off Spain in 1965. Val died in Jan. of Alzhimers. I thought some of his old shipmates may read these posts. I believe he was known as Willy.
I find this a very interesting site!!! </HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-521 J.G.Wilson 06/10/2001 01:45AM
RE: U-521 Joe Brennan 06/10/2001 05:07AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.