General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
More Rohwer and/etc.
Posted by: Siri ()
Date: June 30, 2001 06:09PM

<HTML>Sorry Jan-Olof, beat you to it again!

I\'ve just sent Rainer my list of Rohwer inconsistencies for ships starting with N (as agreed), but have found an item that confuses me. Not sure whether I\'m just reading the information incorrectly.

On pages 143 and 144 Rohwer lists the same position for the damage of Norse King as for her sinking the following day (when she was already on her way to the Azores), though he also says in a footnote that she was hit by a torpedo in position 112 (this is when the damage occurred on the 28th, she was sunk on the 29th). I\'m not quite sure what this position means.

Another problem I have is that Arnold Hague (The Allied Convoy System) claims that Norse King was sunk by U 225 and U 435 on Dec. 29 1942 (this is odd in itself, as he only includes ships that are physically in a convoy, Norse King was not on that day as far as I can tell) - can those of you who know more about the whereabouts of U 225 on that date either prove or disprove this claim? Most of my other sources say damaged by U 591 on the 28th and sunk by U 435 on the 29th.

Siri</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
More Rohwer and/etc. Siri 06/30/2001 06:09PM
RE: More Rohwer and/etc. Rainer Kolbicz 06/30/2001 06:43PM
RE: More Rohwer and/etc. Ted Agar 06/30/2001 06:52PM
RE: More Rohwer and/etc. Siri 06/30/2001 08:04PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.