General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: U-Hai & U-Hecht
Posted by: walter M. ()
Date: July 14, 2001 08:16PM

<HTML>Dear MPC,
if she* is still there, that would be a nice diving site, as 47 meters aren\\\'t so much :-)
I don\\\' believe that in 1966 the Germans could afford the political implications of loosing a sub in the North Sea (that isn\\\'t very deep) with human losses and let the wreck with the crewman bodies lie at the bottom of the sea.
According to Roessler, the floating crane «Magnus III» raised her just days after she sank, then she was towed to Emdem and fully examined. In the meantime sister ship S171 \\\"Hecht\\\" (formerly U-2367) was kept moored for cautelative reasons.
Could it be that the Roessler\\\'s book has been translated in different ways? Mine is in Italian and the above data come from chapter 12 \\\"Submarine development in the Federal Republic of Germany from 1955 up to 1974\\\"
If so, it wouldn\\\'t be the first time I find considerable discrepancies inside translated books.
Greetings and Regards
walter M.
*S-170 \\\"Hai\\\" formerly U-2365
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-Hai &amp; U-Hecht MPC 07/14/2001 02:38PM
RE: U-Hai &amp; U-Hecht walter M 07/14/2001 02:51PM
RE: U-Hai &amp; U-Hecht MPC 07/14/2001 06:18PM
RE: U-Hai &amp; U-Hecht walter M. 07/14/2001 08:16PM
RE: U-Hai &amp; U-Hecht Flemming 07/16/2001 05:35AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.