General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Tower Symbol
Posted by: Johannes ()
Date: July 19, 2001 07:40PM

<HTML>Hello Mike,

the emblem itself is from a board game called \"Fang den Hut\" in German, lit. \"Catch the Hat\". You move some cones (\"hats\") on a board and try to catch somebody else\'s by getting onto the same field as that person\'s cone and covering it with yours; then you try to tow your booty home to port. This seems to be what the blue figure is doing. But beware – other players can, of course, grab you and your prize en route ...
I don\'t know why this idea was chosen for a tower emblem. There is a brochure for sale at the Laboe U 995 monument, perhaps that will tell you a bit more. I\'ve managed to mislay mine while moving house :( , but perhaps other folks on the forum have got it handy and could check. If you\'re a member, you might also try the Conning Tower and run a search in the Emblems section.

Hope that was of any use,

Regards,

Johannes
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Tower Symbol Mike 07/19/2001 03:33PM
RE: Tower Symbol Johannes 07/19/2001 07:40PM
RE: Tower Symbol Mike 07/19/2001 09:56PM
RE: Tower Symbol Johannes 07/20/2001 06:34AM
RE: Tower Symbol Torlef 07/20/2001 01:03PM
RE: Tower Symbol Johannes 07/20/2001 05:26PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.