General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Tour date updates - aye
Posted by: John Griffiths ()
Date: July 21, 2001 04:15PM

<HTML>Chris,

>>I have contacted Birkenhead... <<

That sounds great to me. Trip from Oxford to Birkenhead is around four to five hours. That gives me a bit of time to make the trip and arrive \'on time\'. Lunch aboard the \'friggit\' sounds great. Just advance warning you that I am diabetic so if you see me munching on a mars bar and looking loopy, don\'t fret!

On a more serious note, it does limit my alcahol intake so I wont be downing a few - but coke / orange juice is just as good!

>>It would help if any interested parties could contact me either direct or through these good offices<<

There. Contacted. Just get a copy of the date, the venue and the time out a month before to all who have expressed an interest and we\'re off!

>>Perhaps we could with Gummies permission, present the museum with some sort of plaque or whatever to celebrate(if thats the word) our visit? <<]

That sounds good. Any ideas?

>>Perhaps also someone would write down a short but accurate history of the boat, so that we could present that to them as well?Im sure they would appreciate it.Any takers? <<

I\'ll volunteer for that - if no-one else wants the job. I can play the draft about and pass it to and fro between the visiting individuals and Gummi before getting it ready for hand over.

>>There will also be prizes for things such as \"furthest travelled\"Which I fully intend to win. Any other ideas? <<

Aw no....really? :-)

>>how about a fire extiguiser for John Griffiths for all the flamers he attracts..!<<

Well, we can have a god laugh about that when I get there - but I am not like that in person!

Thanks for organising this to date Chris. Here\'s hoping we\'ll get a good group of individuals who will represent the forum!

Aye,

John</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Tour date updates chris lee 07/20/2001 02:00AM
RE: Tour date updates Ted Agar 07/20/2001 03:46PM
RE: Tour date updates - aye John Griffiths 07/21/2001 04:15PM
RE: Tour date updates - aye Joe Brennan 07/22/2001 08:21AM
RE: Others coming...... MPC 07/21/2001 04:41PM
RE: More info.. MPC 07/22/2001 07:13AM
RE: and more info.. MPC 07/22/2001 08:18AM
RE: and even more info! John Griffiths 07/22/2001 11:50AM
RE: and even more info! Chris Lee 07/25/2001 03:45AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.