General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: and even more info!
Posted by: Chris Lee ()
Date: July 25, 2001 03:45AM

<HTML>Hi all.

Well I started something here! I thought just a couple would turn up. I take Johns point about there being one organiser, however, as I live in Tasmania, which is about as far from Birkenhead as its possible to be, then its a little difficult for me to keep in touch with whats happening. However, I will be in the U.K as of October, until after Christmas, so I can get behind it then.
A few points to consider..

(1) Trips have to be pre booked. You cannot expect to turn up and get a trip simply owing to logistics of it all. Numbers have to firmed up in advance and booked. Can I suggest that we have a cut off date where we will then contact Birkenhead and book in the correct places. I would suggest that all names be submitted NO LATER THAN THE 15 TH OF OCTOBER. this will give ample time to book and arrange the guides for the U Boat.I am sure that the guys at Birkenhead will put on extra trips if we give them enough notice.Any one thats interested then E.MAIL ME DIRECT. this way I wont miss any one. I will undertake to book the trip from here.
(2)Accomodation. This is where I need help. Once I have definate numbers, then I can confirm whats needed in the way of accomodation. Remember that Singles will probably be the order of the day, and hotels do not have lots of single beds.Any one willing to be our accomodation Officer?M.P.C, GRIFFITHS to the front please...
(3) Disabled access is not good. Anyone with disabilities that preclude them from climbing and stooping is advised that this trip will be difficult for them.Please check with the Historic warships center for up to date info.
(4) I dont think kids under a certain age are allowed on the trip. Any one know better?
(5) A forum member is kindly writing out a history of the Sub, to present to the centre. I will be asking for small contributions towards the cost(if any incurr) of this Has any one got any ideas as to what we could present to mark the occasion?.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Tour date updates chris lee 07/20/2001 02:00AM
RE: Tour date updates Ted Agar 07/20/2001 03:46PM
RE: Tour date updates - aye John Griffiths 07/21/2001 04:15PM
RE: Tour date updates - aye Joe Brennan 07/22/2001 08:21AM
RE: Others coming...... MPC 07/21/2001 04:41PM
RE: More info.. MPC 07/22/2001 07:13AM
RE: and more info.. MPC 07/22/2001 08:18AM
RE: and even more info! John Griffiths 07/22/2001 11:50AM
RE: and even more info! Chris Lee 07/25/2001 03:45AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.