General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief
Posted by: Jim ()
Date: August 20, 2001 06:11PM

<HTML>Hello Michael,
Was not my father...I got this from an individual about 20 years ago when I was collecting heavy and he told me that it was his father\'s stuff that he got after he had died. In this same collection he had a armband which was solid red with a white circle and a swen and stiched swastiki in black in the middle and a fork and spoon with the Luftwaffe symbol on the handles. The only thing he could tell me was that his father was a guard on a boat and that is how his father had gotten it. There is the possibility that his father was a guard at a POW camp and that is how he came to aquire the item. Don\'t know which is correct. If I could find out if these names came from the same boat then I could search down which POW camp they ended up at...good possibility that they did not all go to the same camp. I would think that if they where all on the same u-boat and this was later at a POW camp, after interriogation, that they would have also included their u-boat number on the handkerchief. Two ideas here...first that they where on board a ship as POW\'s and have not been questioned yet so they did not want to give up the boat number our they where in a POW camp and they where all u-boat saliors from different u-boats. They signed their names and where they came from so it does not seem that security was an issue with them at the time of signing especially since they wrote where they where from. Just a guess, I am no expert here at all. Thanks for the responce.
Jim</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Jim 08/19/2001 03:05AM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief MPC 08/19/2001 08:02AM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Jim 08/19/2001 05:41PM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief MPC 08/19/2001 06:56PM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Jim 08/19/2001 05:44PM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Jim 08/19/2001 07:04PM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Jim 08/19/2001 08:19PM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief MPC 08/20/2001 09:38AM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Michael Lowrey 08/20/2001 05:11PM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Jim 08/20/2001 06:11PM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Werner Frank 08/19/2001 01:34PM
RE: Found Rare U-boat POW signed handkerchief Werner Frank 08/19/2001 01:36PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.