General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Sinking of ss City of Venice
Posted by: Kenya in WWII ()
Date: January 27, 2017 05:21PM

I am currently looking into those who were at the Nairobi School/Prince of Wales School and who died in WWII. Amongst those who died was a Maj. Edward Hillam Clayton Luckham (he was I believe a teacher at the school). He was also in the Kenya Regiment -his number being KR 78 which means he was one of the early ones and so was certainly older than most within that unit and ties up with the possibility of him being a teacher, rather than a pupil. All that is recorded in the school magazine is that he was 'lost at sea' on 4th July 1943.

I have looked through the list of ships that sank on that day, it the ss City of Venice would seem to be the most logical... not that logic often works when it comes to such investigations.

I note that on the website the list of those who lost their lives in this sinking is incomplete. Is there anyone who might be able to help complete the list so that, at worst I can eliminate the ss City of Venice from my list of possible ships?

Many thanks,

Tom

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Sinking of ss City of Venice Kenya in WWII 01/27/2017 05:21PM
Re: Sinking of ss City of Venice Michael Lowrey 01/27/2017 06:32PM
Re: Sinking of ss City of Venice Rainer 01/27/2017 06:59PM
Re: Sinking of ss City of Venice Kenya in WWII 01/27/2017 08:06PM
Re: Sinking of ss City of Venice Rainer 01/28/2017 11:01AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.