General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: KTBs available online?
Posted by: ARANTALES ()
Date: August 16, 2017 09:29PM

Dear,

From [www.archives.gov]
the following information was taken:

Guides to Records of the German Navy, 1850-1945
1. U-Boats and T-Boats, 1914-18 (1984), 357 pp.(available only in Microfilm Publication M1743) $
2. Records Relating to U-Boat Warfare, 1939-45 (1985), 265 pp.(available only in Microfilm Publication M1743) $
3. Records of the German Naval High Command 1935-1945 (1999) 24 pp.
4. Records of the German Navy Operational Commands in World War II (2005), 196 pp.
5. Pre-World War I Records of the Imperial German nNvy and Its Predecessors, 1822-1919 (2006), 76 pp.
6. Selected records of the Imperial German Navy Relating to World War I (2008), 190 pp.

It is possible to download "Guides to the Microfilmed Records of the German Navy, 1850-1945: No. 1, Records of U-boats and T-boats, 1914-18." as a pdf-file.

Go to [eservices.archives.gov]

Click on the button marked MICROFILM

In the lower section of the form titled “Order microfilm”, fill in M1743 and click the button marked SUBMIT. Note: M1743 was the microfilm-reference of the guide (see above).

In the right-hand part of the new form that comes on screen, click on the VIEW IMPORTANT PUBLICATION DETAILS and download.

You just downloaded the guide as a pdf-file.
It worked for me, and I hope it does for you.

Once you have the NARA-reference for the desired KTB's (microfilm publication T1022 and roll-number) you can order a copy from NARA (National Archives and Records Administration). I assume the order form [www.archives.gov] is still valid (or you could order online).

Check out the NARA-website for more information, FAQ's etc.

Best regards,
Walter

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
KTBs available online? Flemming DK 08/12/2017 09:03AM
Re: KTBs available online? ARANTALES 08/16/2017 09:29PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.