Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
RE: Realism in film \\\"Das Boot\\\"
Posted by: Kris ()
Date: March 27, 2001 11:10PM

<HTML>Well, Kim

You have a sharp eye. I thought something was amiss with the Enigma detail as well. In the end, i can\'t seem to remember if it was a four rotor enigma or a three rotor. I\'d imagine it was a three rotor enigma. I think the fourth rotor was added after 42. In any case i was convinced of this when i saw the Director\'s commentary on the DVD, where they take the whole bloody film piece by little piece and comment on the actors and history behind the shots(You must get the DVD version if you are a die hard Das Boot fan). Anyway, when it comes up to the enigma sequence, the director or the actors were not aware of how important this equipment was on the u-boats (They just dismissed it as a piece of old antiquated junk!). Actually the producer of the director\'s commentary was pretty aware of the enigma and its importance. Anyway their lack of information of this proved to me that they had indeed overlooked this piece of detail. But in the end, the movie will anyday beat any sub movie out there hands on. A funny thing i noticed is that during the dinner aboard the weser, the journalist (bucheim) actually stealthily grabs a whole fish into his plate with his bare hands !!!!</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Realism in film \&quot;Das Boot\&quot; K Parker 03/20/2001 12:51AM
RE: Realism in film \\\&quot;Das Boot\\\&quot; George Roumbos 03/21/2001 02:01AM
RE: Realism in film \&quot;Das Boot\&quot; K Parker 03/21/2001 02:42AM
RE: Realism in film Das Boot Dietzsch 03/22/2001 02:42PM
RE: Realism in film \\\&quot;Das Boot\\\&quot; Thomas 03/24/2001 03:36AM
RE: Realism in film \\\\\\\&quot;Das Boot\\\\\\\&q Ian Stapley 03/24/2001 12:35PM
RE: Realism in film \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\&quot;Das Boot\ Saskia 03/26/2001 05:49PM
RE: Realism in film \\\&quot;Das Boot\\\&quot; Kris 03/27/2001 11:10PM
RE: Das boot for the first time.. chris lee 04/03/2001 12:03AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.