Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...)
Date: May 02, 2005 02:04PM

Dear Mrs. Rosenfeld,

thank you very much for your reply. As to this additional scenes I’m referring to remark of Petersen when being interviewed for his director cut version where he said something like “we are putting new scenes in this version”. So I think those scenes were not used in the “made for television” or fife and half hour long tv-series, because they were produced quite some time before the directors cut.

To be honest it has been a while since I watched director’s cut and I really don’t remember what kind of “new” scenes Petersen added.

On the other hand producer and director usually shoot more material of a movie than being shown in the final cut.

You have a nice day in a country where a certain governor seems to be getting kicked quite heavily, according to the latest news in the NYT.

Sincerely Yours
Volker Erich Kummrow

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) PatW 04/22/2005 07:33PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Eric 04/23/2005 01:17AM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Volker Erich Kummrow 04/23/2005 02:38PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) PatW 04/23/2005 07:30PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Dirk 04/25/2005 05:32AM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Hubertus 04/25/2005 11:04AM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Pat W 04/26/2005 08:06PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Volker Erich Kummrow 04/30/2005 01:01PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Meg Rosenfeld 05/02/2005 03:22AM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Volker Erich Kummrow 05/02/2005 02:04PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Meg Rosenfeld 05/02/2005 03:05PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Wiljan Bakers 05/02/2005 12:30PM
Re: Cinematic potential (The future Oscar goes to...) Volker Erich Kummrow 05/02/2005 01:29PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.