Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: 3 documentary films
Date: October 13, 2005 12:56PM

Hello Mr. Wagner,
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

in order to try to help out to answer Mr. Wagner's request I was advised by my bookshop to check Polarfilm:

[www.polarfilm.de]

History of the German Uboot Waffe from 1914 - 45

Description by Polarfilm (German only just as the DVDs):
In Deutschland spielte die Kriegsmarine über viele Jahrhunderte keine Rolle. Erst Kaiser Wilhelm II. ließ zum Schutz der deutschen Kolonien und zur Abwehr gegen eine britische Seeblockade eine eigene Flotte bauen. Da sie der britischen Marine hoffnungslos unterlegen war, favorisierte die kaiserliche Admiralität den Einsatz von U-Booten, um mit relativ geringen Mitteln eine größtmögliche militärische Wirkung zu erzielen. Auch im Zweiten Weltkrieg spielten die deutschen U-Boote zunächst eine zentrale Rolle im Seekrieg, bis die alliierte Übermacht und neue Ortungssysteme aus den Jägern Gejagte machten. Von den 40.000 U-Boot-Männern der deutschen Kriegsmarine kehrten 30.000 nicht wieder nach Hause zurück.

Neben dem 85-minütigen Hauptfilm bietet die DVD 118 Minuten Interviews mit bedeutenden deutschen U-Boot-Kommandanten: Erich Topp, Otto Kretschmer, Rolf Thomsen, Gerd Kelbling und Reinhard Hardegen.

Umfang: Doppel-DVD
Laufzeit: 85 Minuten + 118 Minuten Bonus-Interviews
Bild: 4 : 3
Ton: Dolby Digital Stereo
Sprachen: Deutsch
Untertitel: keine
Regionalcode: PAL 0
EAN-Code: 4028032071221
FSK: o.A.

Summary: In the WWI the emperor had uboats put in action to break the sea blockade imposed by the British.

In WWII uboats played a mayor role in the first part of the hostile engagement until they were beaten by the Allies due to their superior counter – measure – devices.

85 min. film
118 min. Interviews with Topp et.al.

According to my bookshop this DVD – collection was just released.

I have ordered this DVD, but have a feeling that is kind of “repetition” of what we all have seen before only they let the film run first, then probably have cut out the interviews and put them on an extra DVD. So, Mr. Wagner, this might be the documentary you are looking for.

We’ll wait and see.
You all have a nice day.
Sincerely Yours
Volker Erich Kummrow

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
3 documentary films Wagner Joël 10/13/2005 08:30AM
Re: 3 documentary films Volker Erich Kummrow 10/13/2005 12:56PM
Re: 3 documentary films Volker Erich Kummrow 11/02/2005 03:28PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.