Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Help needed about a Seehund from OTW...
Posted by: Francois ()
Date: December 15, 2008 02:54PM

Hello my friends,
I'm buidind an OTW Seehund and would like it to be as scale as possible and with most of the part made of metal. Not the thin photo etched parts you get with the kit, but fully machined solid parts with bolts and buts at the right scale...

So we did built in aluminium from scratch already, following real drawings and photos : the periscope , the air intake , the top plate of the fairing, the compass, the 2 metal item for hooking and lifting the Seehund, the front "cutting plate" joining the two side halves of the sub cutting the water...

On their way are the torpedoes, the release mechanism of the torpedoes,the tower, the tube letting the crew sliding inside ,the all metal visit plates with bolts and nuts which will replace the moldeds ones after removing them by cutting them off !

...but the problem is that I did could not find any where drawings of the "coning tower",(diameter, size of the reinforcement around it), the drawings and plans of the release mechanism of the torpedoes, and the exact measurement (apart from the diameter of course) and sizes of all the details of the Torpdedos G7e...

Could any one help me in finding all those precious informations ? in metrix (cm or mm) if possible ? the same about the glass cockpit on the opening latch of the tower, the one in the kit is 28mm (1/9 scale: 25cm or 10 inches in real) and that seem a bit small compare to the photos...it should be at list 30-32 mm so 2-4 mm larger ! do you have an idea where I could find some think that could be used ? made of glass or altuglass or what ever ?

Does any one know how to make a water tight connection between to (+) wires in the water ? (between the WTC and the battery when you want to recharge it)
Thank a lot in advance for your kind help !
Francois

PS I'm going to put soon the photos of my seehund in his actual building stage on the net and then put a link in this forum.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Help needed about a Seehund from OTW... Francois 12/15/2008 02:54PM
Re: Help needed about a Seehund from OTW... Francois 12/18/2008 12:27PM
Re: Help needed about a Seehund from OTW... Don Prince 01/24/2009 05:55PM
Re: Help needed about a Seehund from OTW... Don Prince 01/23/2009 01:54AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.