Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Later model conning tower and Wintergarden
Posted by: iceonaboy ()
Date: March 10, 2011 03:34PM

I have just taken delivery of the Revell 1.72 U boat kit, and all I can say is, even though I had read so much about it, I was quite taken aback by the scale. She is huge! My problem is, I am not sure which boat I want to copy, but one thing I am, sure of, is that I want it to be a later model. The trouble with the kit is, all the choices are earlier boats with the deck gun and little anti-aircraft weaponary. I would like if possibble, to make a later version without the deck gun, larger wintergarden and more extensive AA weaponary. I have already ordered the brass Griffon model weapons upgrade kit, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get an upgrade kit for the conning tower/wintergarden, or even if this is available? I have seen other modellers having done this, but they all seem to be doing a lot of fabrication. I was wondering if it was possible without having to make it myself? I know, Im lazy!
Thing is, I reckon I am not too bad at modelling (even though I havent done it for years) But my skill doesnt extend to scratch building.
Any help would be most gratefully accepted. Right! Now Im off to start opening out the flood holes. Wish me luck!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Later model conning tower and Wintergarden iceonaboy 03/10/2011 03:34PM
Re: Later model conning tower and Wintergarden iceonaboy 03/10/2011 09:05PM
Re: Later model conning tower and Wintergarden Simon 03/11/2011 02:46AM
Re: Later model conning tower and Wintergarden iceonaboy 03/11/2011 08:55AM
Re: Later model conning tower and Wintergarden Simon 03/11/2011 06:19PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.