Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Lower flood vents on diving tanks 2 & 3 - Type VII
Posted by: OsmiumSteele ()
Date: August 03, 2011 01:57PM

These are the 8 rectangles on the bottom of the saddle tanks.

A couple questions:

Did Uboats usually run with these open when submerged? How did they open? Did they slide, hinged at the top or bottom, etc.?

Are there any decent pics of these vents open? I've seen one shipyard photo with the vents on tank 2 open, but cannot make out any details; and one of a uboat run aground while evading attack and rolled on its port side where both starboard vents are clearly open.

I'm planning on depicting my VIIC/41 model as it was just before the attack which caused it to sink. Submerged, at snorkle depth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Lower flood vents on diving tanks 2 & 3 - Type VII OsmiumSteele 08/03/2011 01:57PM
Re: Lower flood vents on diving tanks 2 & 3 - Type VII OsmiumSteele 08/04/2011 02:01PM
Re: Lower flood vents on diving tanks 2 & 3 - Type VII SnakeDoc 08/04/2011 02:58PM
Re: Lower flood vents on diving tanks 2 & 3 - Type VII OsmiumSteele 08/04/2011 06:18PM
Re: Lower flood vents on diving tanks 2 & 3 - Type VII SnakeDoc 08/12/2011 09:22AM
Re: Lower flood vents on diving tanks 2 & 3 - Type VII OsmiumSteele 08/16/2011 06:41PM
Re: Lower flood vents on diving tanks 2 & 3 - Type VII OsmiumSteele 08/26/2011 01:32PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.