Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: Waterline and Under and Deck color
Posted by: Woody ()
Date: November 27, 2000 01:07PM

Hellow fellow U-boat men & Ladies,

I also have a similar question concerning the color of the decking on a type VII-C, 42. I have posed this question and really did not get any responses except from my friend Rainer Bruns. My question is this, look at the museum quality model of the type VII offered by FINE ART MODELS, at the web site they have several color photos of this rather impressive model. They show the decking to be a tan color? Now is this the way the wood decking wood look right after commissioning/launching? Or is this totally incorrect? The reasearch I have done although through black and white photos does indicate dark colored decking. Now was this due to natural weathering or painting/staining. I would appreciate it if someone would come forward with some detailed information with references about the wood used for decking and what the finished product looked like etc. Also while you are checking out the web site photos let me know what you think of this model, do you see/pick-up on anything that is incorrect? I have contacted the president of FINE ART MODELS about this question and they did not respond, before considering the purchase I need to know if this boat is correct and has any gross flaws. Thanks to everyone who responds.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Waterline and Under Will King 11/21/2000 12:41AM
RE: Waterline and Under Adam Dwyer 11/23/2000 01:08PM
RE: Waterline and Under Will King 11/25/2000 05:47PM
RE: Waterline and Under Jeff LaRue 11/25/2000 08:41PM
RE: Waterline and Under and Deck color Woody 11/27/2000 01:07PM
RE: Waterline and Under and Deck color Jeff LaRue 11/29/2000 05:23PM
RE: Waterline and Under and Deck color Rainer Bruns 12/01/2000 05:20PM
decks?! hahaha! Will King 11/28/2000 05:53PM
correction Will 11/28/2000 05:55PM
RE: decks?! hahaha! Jeff LaRue 11/29/2000 05:21PM
RE: decks?! hahaha! Rainer Bruns 11/29/2000 07:46PM
RE: decks?! hahaha! Will King 11/29/2000 08:22PM
RE: decks/boottop/antifouling Rainer Bruns 11/30/2000 02:55AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.