Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
VIIc-41 Deck Color & Question
Posted by: WOODY ()
Date: December 29, 2001 08:02PM

Just received my FINE ART MODEL of U-995. The model has been finished as presented in 1943 just after commissioning. I have had many conversations about this question especially RB.

I thought that RB and the folks @ FINE ART and others advised the deck (Wood) was painted black? The model is done in the same color gray as the rest of the boat (top-side). In many of the books I have on U-boats you can clearly see black decks. Have they been painted that way or did they weather that color after being exposed to salt-water?

My memory is not good on this topic? Can any way refresh it for me again? THANKS.

Also to RB could not find your e-mail, could you provide it again?

Question? This model also has something attached to the haul/keel that I cannot identify. I have looked in several books including the anatomy of the ship The Type VII U-Boat. It is a half circle type object with two holes sticking out near the inlet valves.

I would like to provide photo. Could some one tell me how to do an attachment to a posting? Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
VIIc-41 Deck Color & Question WOODY 12/29/2001 08:02PM
Re: VIIc-41 Deck Color & Question Rainer Bruns 01/02/2002 11:06PM
Re: VIIc-41 Deck Color & Question I Stapley 02/01/2002 04:24PM
Re: VIIc-41 Deck Color & Question Justin Ove 02/01/2002 11:35PM
Re: VIIc-41 Deck Color & Question Scott Lynch 07/16/2022 04:44PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.