Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Airfix Destroyers are back
Posted by: I Stapley ()
Date: March 06, 2002 04:10PM

Addenda to my last post.

Having opened the box & examined the contents I can confirm that the mouldings are the old full hull type. Campbeltown is the oldest (1961) but the parts are still flash free and with careful assembly & a little cleaning up, should still make up into a nice model.

The Cossack could benefit from a new set of torpedo tubes as they are flat on the top.

Hotspur has better tubes but some of the casting gates near the propellors are a bit big, necessitating care when cutting out.

The Narvik (it's Z 26) is the newest mould, released in 1974 and the difference in detail with its companions is noticeable. It also features an etched line inside the hull to facilitate cutting down to waterline mode. It would sit very well alongside the Matchbox & Tamiya variants in a diorama.

Some may consider these old battlewagons long in the tooth but as previously stated, they would make an ideal gift for a younger modeller. I certainly intend to enjoy building mine.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Airfix Destroyers are back I Stapley 02/22/2002 12:16PM
Re: Airfix Destroyers are back I Stapley 03/06/2002 04:10PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.