Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Was anti-fouling red used on ANY U-boats?
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: December 05, 2002 02:27PM

Rainer is right/ This is issue has been addressed time and again. But I will give the answer again, bc sometime it is difficult to use the search option. To my knowledge, anti-fouling red was only used in pre-war painting schemes, and I am not sure that was uniformly done even then. ANd, as far as I lknow, there is no distinction between painting schemes exhoibited on Type IIs or Type VIIs. So, unless you can pin a certain U Boot (of Type II) that you can verify had anti fouling red (almost certainly before the war), paint it in the two tone grey scheme that has been addressed countless times on this forum.
However, for your convenience, I have posted an old message that I saved for my own folder on U Boot resource sources and materials:

----
Hi Jeff:

According to the U-boat experts on "THE SUBCOMMITTEE" the "two-tone" gray colors are as follows:
RLM63 Lichtgrau or FS36375 Light Ghost Gray.
RLM72 Grun or FS36081 Euro 1 gray.
You should be able to find the above said colors at your local hobby shop. The first numbers are Luftwaffe colors and the latter is modern colors.I hope that this helps.

Best regards,
Jerry Pope
DeSoto, Georgia

---

Now everything should be resolved in a nice, tidy package.

Warm Regards

EInsamer Wolf

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Was anti-fouling red used on ANY U-boats? RobS 12/04/2002 01:52PM
Re: Was anti-fouling red used on ANY U-boats? Rainer Bruns 12/04/2002 03:59PM
Re: Was anti-fouling red used on ANY U-boats? RobS 12/05/2002 12:53PM
Re: Was anti-fouling red used on ANY U-boats? Einsamer Wolf 12/05/2002 02:27PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.