Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII
Posted by: rokket ()
Date: October 15, 2006 02:02AM

Hi Ian,

Yes, Yank Modelworks p-hull is, to be polite, "less than perfect". I bought one and itjust sits grinning, constantly repeating "you blew $40 on me, you blew..." I figured I could cut off some of the detail for my own p-hull, but that's not great either.

I've built a fwd and aft section. I've extended the saddle tanks in under the hull casing to where they would meet the p-hull, and am just going to add a little curved plastic for the main bulk top from there, then a few connections to the deck (like hatch boxes, a few supports, the bottom trunk of the conning tower), and a few major bits like the ext torp storage, and a few compressed air cylinders.

With everything painted dark schiffsbodenfarbe III, my tests are showing everything is invisible anyway. I agree that without any kind of p-hull it would be empty and look terrible, but I'm finding that even most basic blocky details are really hard to see. You could almost paint some paper drak gray and stick it in and just break up the emptiness!

David Westwood's book (Anatomy of a Uboat) has a few pix and several drawings that are helpful.

I don't know if it will be any use, but you can look at what I'm doing at: [www.rocketcopy.biz]

Good luck and keep us posted.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII Ian 10/12/2006 03:19PM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII Ian 10/12/2006 11:55PM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII rokket 10/15/2006 02:02AM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII Bill 10/15/2006 03:31PM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII Rokket 10/17/2006 11:40AM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII Ian 10/19/2006 01:04PM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII Ian 10/19/2006 01:33PM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII David French-Wollen 11/07/2006 08:46PM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII Glenn Cauley 06/26/2008 12:32PM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII sara 11/16/2013 09:18PM
Re: Modelling Pressure Hull for Revell VII Capt Kremin 11/17/2013 07:37AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.