Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Paint colours in late war
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: January 18, 2007 04:28PM

Don,
This viewpoint comes from the WII Luftwaffe modeling side, but may help in the thinking of where late war painting of equipemnt may have gone towards. Granted, others may disagree with my view, which would also be nice to hear from others on this subject.
Late war Luftwaffe had a shortage of many elements (paints, colors, thinners, and general supplies) that in the earlier days would be at hand, and could get thru the supply chain. I know in articles written about painting of aircraft, that they used any manner to apply the paint, including mops, and thinning the paint with fuel. Which in the opinion of many, would tint the paint to be a darker shade and would not adhere as well to metal surfaces. I have read, that in later war period, paint was used sparingly on U-Boats, and only in areas that required repair, and only 1 coat of paint at that.
Just food for thought,
Greg

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Paint colours in late war Donald haugh 01/18/2007 05:12AM
Re: Paint colours in late war Greg 01/18/2007 04:28PM
Re: Paint colours in late war Donald haugh 01/18/2007 05:48PM
Re: Paint colours in late war chokkan58 01/26/2007 02:05PM
Re: Paint colours in late war Rene 01/23/2007 10:29PM
Re: Paint colours in late war Dana 10/13/2007 11:03AM
Re: Paint colours in late war Rand 10/14/2007 12:35PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.