Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Type VIID detailes
Posted by: Sheniloiu ()
Date: June 29, 2009 12:33PM

Hy,
I'm a modeller interested in the AFVs and A/C. But I'm also interested in the history of the U-waffe.
I live in Timisoara, Romania and those days the European Championship for Ship Modelling is held here. And one of those days a guy, the vice-president of the Romanian Shipmodelling Association, challanged me into building a ship scale model. A decent one, he added. He just questioned my ability to rise up to his expectations, no matter how good my AFV and A/C models are! I accepted the challenge, as I was allready half decided to build a ship model. Up to now I was oscilating bertween the Scharnhorst and a Type VII U-boot, but now I decided - my first ship model will be an 1/72nd completely scratchbuilt Type VII!
I also decided that it will be either the Prien's U-47 or the Kretschmer's U-99. Fortunately, both are Type VIIBs. Unfortunately, my documentation is rather poor in term of scale drawings (deck and coning tower most wanted) and depicts mainly the VIIC.
Now I know you are all ship lovers, but please be so kind and fair play and give a hand to an allmost new one within your ranks. Can anyone help me with good drawings and detailes for the subs I mentioned above?
Wish you all the best and thanks in advance to those who will be so kind to help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Type VIID detailes Sheniloiu 06/29/2009 12:33PM
Re: Type VIID detailes Sheniloiu 06/29/2009 04:06PM
Re: Type VIID detailes Gabor Hopocky 06/30/2009 11:22AM
Re: Type VIID detailes Sheniloiu 06/30/2009 03:24PM
Re: Type VIID detailes Forum Moderator 06/30/2009 04:02PM
Re: Type VIID detailes Gabor Hopocky 07/01/2009 11:34AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.