Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Late War Type VII's
Posted by: Don Prince ()
Date: November 23, 2009 02:48AM

Hello Simon,

This is the best that I can find for you on this item at this time.... Email to my Friend Jeff LaRue.

Hi Jeff,

A fellow on Uboat.net wants to know what these bumper devices are. I found the exact bumper devices in the “Vom Original zum Modell: Uboottyp VII C” on page 34. I only see those devices on U-Boats with snorkels so far. U-995 has the bollards removed and most likely many other items as well… Were these structures designed to support the bollards or for boarding planks?

And his response...

Hi Don,

I’ve seen these on a number of other Type VIICs too….but they’re not on all boats and now that you mention it, I hadn’t made a connection to schnorkel-only boats. I suspect that it may be a yard-specific variant. In any case, from some things I’ve read I *think* that they serve as reinforcement points for the bollards. I wouldn’t swear to it since I have not found a direct reference to them.

-Jeff

Regards,
Don_

"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Late War Type VII's Simon 10/28/2009 09:32AM
Re: Late War Type VII's Don Prince 11/23/2009 02:48AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.